Tuesday, April 24, 2007

change of plans

Right. Well, I found out this weekend that it's not as affordable for my family to send me abroad as I thought. And my dad realized (for the millionth time) that I only need three more classes to graduate. So I'm not going to Ireland next year. I'll be in Columbia, graduate in December, and hopefully move to Germany for the remainder of the year and be able to travel around.

I'm kinda bummed right now. Yesterday I was excited about it. Either way, it takes a lot of stress out of the next month. Only problem is I need a place to live. So if you know anyone who's got something small from August to December, hook me up, please? I think I could live in Preston as long as I tell them by Friday, but I'd really like my own space that I can kick everyone else out of.
No, I'm really really bummed out about this. I've been planning for Ireland for the last two years! Dad keeps saying it's feasible, we can totally make this happen, I can go, but it really is a pain to do it. There's tons of paperwork and I'd be afraid things wouldn't come back for graduation... I know that I'm making the right decision, but...

I started running away from all these unknowns where I couldn't make decisions because I was waiting on someone else to make them for me, and now I have to make tons of big decisions ultra fast and not when everyone else is making similar ones... ::pout::

1 comment:

David said...

First off, how was I not aware of this blog dealie earlier?

I got to say from a purely selfish standpoint I'm glad you're hanging around next year. Cause you know what that means? We're getting the band back together... man now I really want to watch Blues Brothers.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/roo/308241670.html

I dunno if you checked out that one and decided it was too far from campus, but it looked like a good deal and she's graduating in Spring as well.

If I find anything else in my own frantic housing search, I'll let you know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...